Copyright © Law Enforcement Records Managers of Illinois. All rights reserved.
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR 2021 LSLE SCHOLARSHIP WINNER BREANNA DEHANN!
LAW ENFORCEMENT RECORDS MANAGERS OF ILLINOIS
The LSLE is a Scholarship (High School and/or college) program that provides scholarships to current high-school seniors or college students who have a parent presently serving in law enforcement, a retired law enforcement official, law enforcement official who lost their life in the line of duty or a law enforcement official who has passed away. To be considered for the LSLE Scholarship, candidates must complete the application and submit necessary documents. The full scholarship amount of $500.00 shall be paid directly to the institution and will be applied towards current applicant’s fees.
Scholarship Eligibility Requirements: To be considered for a LSLE scholarship, you must have a parent presently serving in law enforcement, a retired law enforcement official, law enforcement official who lost their life in the line of duty or a law enforcement official who has passed away and also meet the following criteria:
- Be a high school senior or recent graduate who is pursuing post-secondary education in criminal justice
- Student currently enrolled in post-secondary education
- Student with a parent presently serving in law enforcement
-Student with a parent who retired from law enforcement
-Student with a parent in law enforcement who lost their life in the line of duty
-Student with a parent in law enforcement who has passed away
There are no restrictions based upon sex, race, creed or nationality of the applicant.
How To apply
1. Fill out application completely. Obtain a form from the LSLE Scholarship Committee or go to its web site www.LERMI.org
2. Proof of admissions /registration to the class
3. Submit ONLY two letters of recommendation provided by people not related to you, on letterhead and with original signature.
4. 1-2 page essay; essay should include; a) Description of your ambition and goals in the criminal justice field b) Reason for choosing a career in the criminal justice field c) Long term goals and how the LSLE scholarship will help
Mail the completed application postmarked no later than May 31, 2021. The LSLE Scholarship Committee will be announcing the winner on or before June 30, 2021.
Please submit this completed application and all supporting materials:
BY MAIL: LSLE Scholarship Committee c/o Lake County Forest Preserve Public Safety, 19808 W Grand Ave., Lindenhurst Il 60048
BY EMAIL: LERMIscholarships@gmail.com
Please Note: It is the applicant’s responsibility that all documents are sent to the LERMI Scholarship Committee as required and in a timely manner. Incomplete applications packets or packets received after the deadline will not be notified about missing documents.
CLICK HERE - For An Application
Charity Committee LERMIscholarships@gmail.com
Kevin Burke - West Dundee Police Dept. -.- Sgt Amy Williams - Huntley Police Dept.